Monday, November 06, 2006

This past weekend, I had the honor of attending a poetry workshop with Afaa Weaver, beautiful person, wonderful poet and profound teacher. We did a couple of exercises and looked at each others' work. The Gibbous Moon Collective hosted the workshop, and afterwards, we all headed to Sam's BBQ for dinner. Good times, indeed.

*photo by Amanda Johnston

I'm on the road for the next couple of weeks. Heading to Kansas City for Creating Change - NGLTF's yearly conference. There will lots of great people there. And I hope that in addition to a book signing, I'll be doing some sort of open mic with the folks of color...maybe Thursday night.

After Sunday, it's onto NYC for me. Old haunts and all. I'm really excited to see people and to participate in a couple of events. GC was kind enough to offer her home for a book party. I'm really looking forward to that.


November 12, 2006, 12.15 - 1pm
Creating Change/Left-Bank Books Table
Westin Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1 Pershing Ave
Kansas City, MO


November 14, 2006,10.30 am - 12 noon
LaGuardia Community College
The Little Theatre, 31-10 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City, N.Y. 11101

November 15, 2006, 7pm - 9pm
Noche Bohemia at the Monkey Room
597 Fort Washington Ave & 187th Street
Washington Heights, NY

December 1, 2006, 7.30pm
Resistencia Bookstore
Austin, TX

No comments: