Monday, July 02, 2007

I am exhausted. It's a deluge kind of exhaustion - when you've had a lot of good thing that you feel flooded with emotion, experiences, memories...exhausted. I got back to NYC from Cave Canem - just last night. I took the train with Myronn and Jane through Philly and then up here. I'm in NYC for a minute and then I head back to Austin.

Cave Canem was a memorable experience. I met 58 amazing artists (I already knew one of the other people), and was floored by the kindness of strangers, and the joy of shared freedom and just the brilliance of this group of writers. I even found the other poet-fiction writers in what felt like a very subversive moment (I almost felt like a traitor to poetry!)

Patricia Smith, one of the Cave Canem faculty posted lines from everybody on her blog space at the Poetry Foundation. So, if you're curious about peoples' work, this is where you would find it.

I also got seven new amazing words for the Written Body project. From seven fantastic poets. How much fun is that?

Anyway, I'm off to take a nap. Peace.

No comments: