Monday, July 23, 2007

I just got back from the RedBone Press retreat. Well, I got back yesterday, but I'm slowly returning to Austin in the process.

What an amazing, amazing gathering of people. Historic, really. And I am so humbled, deeply humbled, that I got to be there. The Mother of the House of RedBone, Lisa C. Moore brought together an amazing ensemble: Jafari Sinclaire Allen, Phillip Alexander, Samiya Bashir, Sharon Bridgforth, Eunice Corbin, Ernest Hardy, Reginald Harris, Omi Osun Olomo/Joni L Jones, G. Winston James, Curu Necos-Bloice, Wura-Natasha Ogunji, Sheree Ross, and Marvin K. White.

It was just absolutely Infiniphonic.

Not to mention the reading that ALLGO put together on Friday night at the Victory Grille. It was the first time all RedBone authors were together, reading at the same place with a few additional guests (Reggie Harris and G. Winston James), and a wonderful house party (with house music) by DJ Phillip Alexander.

Yeah!




No comments: